Palm trees are popular in the Gold Coast region and many of them are also popular for their distinctive look. They provide a great place to sit, and they can also provide shade during the hotter months of the year.
But despite all the benefits that come along with palm trees, they have to be removed sometimes. In that case, it is recommendable to contact professionals like All Tree & Stumps Works as they are experts in palm tree removal Gold Coast
6 Signs That Your Palm Tree Should Get Removed
There is no doubt that palm trees can have many benefits and are wonderful to have around your house. However, you should know that Australian palm trees will often be prone to disease which could damage their foliage. Palm tree removal is often the only solution when your palm tree begins to wilt or become unmanageably unhealthy. But how do I know if my palm tree is sick and has to get removed? Here are the most common signs for an unhealthy palm tree:
* White or yellowish leaves. It’s possible that a new plant was planted in your yard and that an old tree is dying from white or yellowish leaves that are falling off. If it’s the result of an old tree dying, don’t expect your palm tree to get better on its own. It’s possible that some kind of disease has already taken hold and is destroying the tree’s internal health.
* Leaves that fall off. The leaves of your palm tree may appear normal but beneath the surface, they’re dying and falling off. A good sign is if the leaves look brittle.
* Stunning, discoloured growth on branches or stems. This is a sign of a sick palm tree and could indicate a malady like leaf rot or fungus. As the tree begins to lose its leaves, the more you should watch for, as their disappearance indicates a slow process of decomposition.
* Unhealthy root system. Your palm tree needs a healthy root system to keep healthy leaves from falling off. As the trees become older, the roots will become weak and they may start to deteriorate. A weak, decaying root system will make it difficult for the tree to produce leaves in the right amounts.
* Damp, brown staining soil. The sick palm tree’s soil is a bit dry. There may be traces of blood or rotting material present in the soil. If you notice any of these conditions, it’s a sign that your tree’s roots are becoming dry and unhealthy.
* Signs that your trees aren’t healthy. You should watch for anything that seems wrong with your palm trees including signs like brown or yellow leaves or a decaying or brittle bark.
Things To Consider When Removing A Palm Tree
The internet is a good place to look for information on how to remove a palm tree, you can read up about the different methods of removal as well as get some pointers from others who have used them. You will need to learn the methods that work best in your case, if you do not then it may take a lot longer to get rid of your tree as there are a lot of different methods that can be used:
- Ladder: One method that many people try to use is to use a ladder to remove the palm tree from its location. This method has the advantage of being easy to do, but the tree will often grow back quickly.
- Hole: Another method of palm tree removal is to dig a hole and bury the tree, then cover the tree with a layer of dirt. Once the soil is saturated, you can either take the tree out or bury it for future use.
- Crane: This method of removing a palm tree requires a bit of expertise and equipment. It is best to hire a company to perform the job because of the safety and care of the equipment involved. A crane that can be controlled by someone is necessary to remove the palm tree, but also a forklift is also required to move the crane and tree in place. If the crane does get damaged, it can be very expensive to replace. This is not a method that can be learned by yourself.
Palm tree removal can be quite difficult if you do not know how to do it properly. The average price to get rid of a palm tree varies greatly. Palm tree removal can range from a few hundred dollars to several thousand.
If you know how to remove the palm tree yourself, the initial cost should be relatively minimal. However, the overall cost can be high when compared with the cost of having a company to remove the tree for you. Many of these companies charge per cubic yard. This means that the company will have to purchase a large number of leaves to get rid of the palm tree.
How to remove a palm tree can be learned from a reputable company. They will usually have a site that they have worked on many times and will also be able to tell you what tools will be needed to safely remove the tree. Many of the companies will have experts who can perform the work at a reasonable price. The amount they charge depends on the size of the tree. It is good to pay a little more for the best service that they provide, but it will not be as expensive as it would be with a non-professional service.
Once the tree is removed, it must be carefully inspected to make sure there are no roots that are causing damage to the ground. And any parts of the tree that may have to be removed. Once the work is completed, the tree must be removed and placed in an area where it will be easy to move. This will allow easier removal when the time comes for re-planting.